At Southpaw Dance Productions, we weave the rhythm of heartbeats into shared cultural experiences that not only dazzle but also excite the imagination through spectacle, virtuosity, technology, and storytelling. Our mission is to connect communities through dance and mass movement, creating work that is representative of the communities we serve through authentic collaboration and co-creation. We aspire to inspire, build confidence, empower our audiences and participants, and celebrate diverse cultural voices across the UK.
- Inclusive Collaboration: Engage with communities, especially those from the least culturally engaged areas, through the creation of our large-scale productions.
- Digital Innovation: Develop our Digital Offer to create new work, partnering with specialist collaborators to extend reach & impact of the artistic programme, innovate new mediums of storytelling using emerging technologies.
- Education & Training: Build on opportunities for vocational training & routes towards careers in the dance industry in the North East, nurturing the next generation of young creatives.
- Join our board and play a pivotal role in supporting the strategic direction of Southpaw Dance Productions, ensuring we deliver against our mission, vision, and agreed targets. As a trustee, you will:
- Be an enthusiastic ambassador for the company.
- Help broker new relationships and supporters.
- Offer advice and expertise to the senior management team.
- Attend quarterly board meetings and annual AGMs.
- Support the recruitment of new Board members.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity further, please contact Lorna Fulton, Executive Director on 07771 692971 or at email@example.com